EL FANBOY: “Wonder Woman Whips Marvel, The Mummy To Rot, and Franchise Fatigue”
On this week’s episode of the El Fanboy Podcast, host Mario-Francisco Robles puts into perspective how Wonder Woman‘s opening weekend reception could signal a huge turning point for the DC Extended Universe. He also points out how Universal’s The Mummy is about to be fed to DC’s Amazonian Princess.
Along the way, MFR also touches on all the week’s hottest topics:
- Is Avengers: Infinity War going to be too big?
- Universal’s Dark Universe looks like it’s about to stumble out of the gate with The Mummy. Why do they keep adding more characters?! Phantom of The Opera? THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME? It’s Sony’s Spiderverse all over again!
- The new trailers for Tom Cruise’s American Made and Kenneth Branagh’s Murder on The Orient Express offer a refreshing break from all the franchises dominating Hollywood
- Aykroyd v Feig: Dawn of Ghostbusters Sucktitude!
- DC’s 2018 Slate
- How Jurassic World 2 will hopefully have more bite than its predecessor thanks to J.A. Bayona
You can listen to the latest episode of El Fanboy (titled “Wonder Woman Whips Marvel, The Mummy To Rot, and Franchise Fatigue“) via Soundcloud right here, but it’s also available on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, Overcast, and anywhere Podcasts are found: