Weekend Box Office: SPLIT Edges Out RINGS And Tops The Box Office For 3rd Time In A Row
comScore today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of February 5, 2017, Universal’s Split finished #1 for a third straight weekend in a row while. The film edged out Rings, which came in second place.
M. Night Shyamalan’s Split earned an estimated $14.6 million and has a domestic total of $98.7 million. The film’s worldwide total currently stands at $142.7 million. Paramount’s Rings, the third film in the Ring franchise earned an estimated $13 million and that makes it the worst opener of the trilogy. The film’s worlwide total is about $28.2 million.
Below is the full worldwide estimates.
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, February 5, are below.
- Kung Fu Yoga – Multiple – $51.4M
- Journey To The West: Demons Strike Back – Multiple – $35.3M
- Duckweed – Multiple Chinese Distributors – $29.5M
- Split – Universal – $29.2M
- Rings – Paramount Pictures – $28.2M
- La La Land – Lionsgate – $27.6M
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter – Sony – $21.0M
- xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage – Paramount Pictures – $16.1M
- Sing – Universal – $16.1M
- Hidden Figures – 20th Century Fox – $14.7M
- Dog’s Purpose, A – Multiple – $14.5M
- Buddies In India – Multiple – $12.7M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, February 5, are below.
- Split – Universal – $14.6M
- Rings – Paramount – $13.0M
- Dog’s Purpose, A – Universal – $10.8M
- Hidden Figures – 20th Century Fox – $10.1M
- La La Land – Lionsgate – $7.5M
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter – Sony – $4.5M
- Sing – Universal – $4.1M
- Lion – The Weinstein Company – $4.0M
- Space Between Us, The – STX Entertainment – $3.8M
- xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage – Paramount – $3.7M
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – Disney – $2.9M
- Monster Trucks – Paramount – $2.1M
PLEASE feel free to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the bottom of this page.